Kittens are fun loving, adorable, and make great family pets. How can we help them grow up to be healthy happy cats? Have a look through our Kitten Center, which we’ve designed to cover many important aspects of raising a kitten to be as happy, healthy and well-adjusted to domestic life.
The topics listed below are some of the information to think about when first getting a new kitten or even to consider before making the commitment of adding to the family.
Have you considered the following?
- Vaccinating your Kitten
- Parasite Control – including heartworm disease and intestinal parasites
- Diet and Nutrition – navigating the pet food industry
- Socialization and Behaviour – important for cats too!
- Environmental Enrichment
- Dental Care – animals have teeth that need to be cared for too!
- Spaying and Neutering
- Preparing yourself Financially
- Emergencies – Is it an emergency? Do we need to see the vet?
- Other Resources